Sunday, June 7, 2009

My weekend…so far

This weekend at The River House has been another busy one. DH worked hard all day

rain2rain1yesterday and got my rain barrels set up. You can see here how they look. We saw a set in a catalog and they had this nifty gauge thingy on the side so you could always tell how much water was in them. He said he would add that for me. Now I’m just waiting for the next rain for free water, whoo hoo!

While DH was busy with rain barrels I was busy with a project of my own. If you look at my side bar you’ll see a link for info about quilt barns in Ohio. Well, not to be outdone, I decided to do my own version of a quilt barn. Mine is a quilt coop! I have been working on painting a hens and chicks block on the back of the chicken coop. I need some

coop quilthelp though. I had originally planned for a navy blue border around the block, but I kind of like it the way it is now. (Ignore the blue painter’s tape, the red still needs a second coat.) I’d like to know your opinions.

Well, that’s all for now. I’m going to head out to the strawberry patch and see if I can beat the chipmunks' to the ripe ones this morning.

Till next time…..

3 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of collecting rain in rain barrels, it is an idea I want to incorporate when I get my farm, which is long in coming, let me tell you :( I was reading an article from someone who said they could not collect rain water where they live because it infringed on someone else's water rights. Must be in the desert, actually I think it was in Colorado. Wow, who would ever think that?
    Anyway thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't imagine how collecting rain water would be an infrigement on someone else's water rights. Glad we live in good old Indiana. It took us 25 years to get our little 3 1/2 acres so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do quilt barns here in NC to. I love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete