Saturday, June 13, 2009

Notes from the River House

I thought you might like to see some pictures of what’s growing here at the River House.  Here are my beans and peppers.  And the second picture is our tomato patch.

 peppers and beans tomatos

This is our dill.  And our patch of grapes.

dill   grapes

Here is the punkin patch and I wanted to show you the empty space.  Well, it’s not really empty, it’s waiting for tobacco seedlings to come from Tennessee.  They were supposed to have been here about a month ago, but the grower had terrible weather so they are running behind schedule.  But the good news is they are promising shipment next week.  Why grow tobacco, you ask.  Well, how many people can say they grow tobacco?  Besides it has purty flowers. 

pumpkins emptyspace

Next time I’ll post some pictures of the flowers.  They are getting a slow start, like Tennessee, our weather hasn’t been perfect.  Lots of cool days and nights.  Since it’s technically still spring, I guess I can’t complain.  I’m sure come this time next month, I’ll be getting cabin fever because I’ve had the house closed up with the air on for waaay too many days.

Till next time…..

No comments:

Post a Comment