Friday, March 13, 2009

Bread Day

Today was bread baking day. I love making bread. It's almost as good as quilting. There are 2 things I love, seeing a quilt on the frame and kneading bread. Today I made whole wheat pitas and a loaf of sourdough. I keep the sourdough starter sitting in my fridge and about once a week, I feed it and bake with it.
I have fallen in love with pita chips and red pepper hummus so as soon as the pitas cool enough to handle I cut them up, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and then bake them into delightfully crunchy chips. I could eat them all in one sitting!
The sourdough loaf will be made into toast for breakfast along with homemade sugar free strawberry jam. Yum!
While the bread was rising I spent the afternoon finishing up my mom's birthday apron. The last time I talked to her on the phone I just casually asked her if she liked aprons. Hmmmm.....wonder if she's suspicious?
It's the Mary Mulari pattern I had told you about in a previous post. It was very easy to do although I think next time I will do the yoke differently. The pattern has you making it seperate and sewing it on once you put the 2 apron pieces together--remember it's reversible. I think I'll add the yoke section to each piece and then sew them all together.
So now you know how I spent my Friday.
Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment