Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's Sunday again, already??

Sorry I have been so remiss in keeping things updated on here. But I have just been so busy! Still working on cleaning up from our ice storm we had last December. Have cut, hauled and burned a ton of limbs and have a lot more to get rid of. I also mulched our grapes so that they don't get overtaken with grass and weeds like they did last year. I spent one day this week at our dear son's house babysitting the carpet people. DS and wife had carpet put down in their basment. Lowes did the work and they did a great job! We had them out here at our house about 2 years ago when we remodeled our kitchen and their worker guys did a fantastic job! Yesterday we went to our grandson's 4th birthday party! Hard to believe he's 4 already. I made him this teepee. It's from a pattern by SewBaby. I used a painter's canvas drop cloth and then PVC pipe for the poles. I think it turned out pretty snazzy. I am going to give DGS some paints this summer and let him take it outside and decorate it. Speaking of our grandson, he has started Tae Kwon Do. Isn't he a cutie in his Gi? He knows a lot already and really seems to enjoy it. I have all my blocks for my Strip Twist Quilt top put together. Just now working on the borders. Have the inner border figured out, it is going to be a dark, not quite navy, blue. I'm thinking of a piano key outer border but not sure if that will make things too busy. Will have to audition it and see how it works. And, I've got the fabric ordered for a Lone Star quilt I want to make. I'm using Jo Parrott's book, "Template Free Stars". The quilt is going to my Air Force son and his wife for Christmas. DDIL is from Texas and I thought it would be very appropriate for her. And she loves red, white, and blue so I'm doing it in those "style" of colors but am using civil war repros so they're a tad muted. Can't wait to get started on it. But have to admit, I am a little nervous. I just hope it turns out. Will keep you all updated on my progress. I want to use a wool batt in this quilt also, another first for me. Well, that's about it for now. Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment