Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Baskets

I have been quilting since the mid 1980's and only seriously for about the last 10 years. And there is one block I would just rather not do and that's any kind of basket block. I have been working on a $5 BOM from my favorite quilt shop, Pieced Together Quilts. It is a great shop run by Julie and for the time being, her mom Sue. This BOM is a scrappy sampler put out by Moda University. And the block for this month is, you guessed it, a basket. It took me forever to get that block put togther. I think I did more frog stitching than anything. But through no fault of my own, eventually it did come together. I have decided that one of my soon to be projects is going to be a basket quilt. Can't go through life with a basket phobia so what better way to overcome it than by immersing myself in baskets. Just remember, once I do start the basket quilt, I may very well become a basket case myself and have to go away for a long, long rest. LOL! till next time.....

1 comment:

  1. The block looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and adding my giveaway to your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete